The items that you are allowed to put in the recycling can have changed some what over time, so here is a new list:
- Office Paper--envelopes, construction paper, etc.
- Food Packages--cereal, pasta, rice, beer/soda cartons
- Paper bags
- Plastic bottles--beverage bottles, medicine containers, shampoo and lotion bottles
- Food Containers--condiment bottles, clean (NON STYROFOAM) clean food trays
- Beverage bottles--soda and beer bottles
- Condiment jars--Sauce jars, condiment containers (i.e. jelly, mustard), metal lids
- Aluminum cans
- Aerosol cans--Empty and remove nozzle (I didn't know about this one)
- Steel and tin cans--soup, fruit, dog food, etc.
It will take awhile for the inspectors to check all those recycling bins, so they are starting with the parts of town with the most egregious users first (you know who you are). So, in the meantime, check your bins for non compliant items, and take them out! I'll post a list of places to take recyclable items not accepted by the city.