Thursday, August 19, 2010

Private Mini Bus Companies?

Check out Tory Gattis' peice on Jitney Service in Houston.  In case you're wondering, a jitney service is a small capacity vehicle, like a van that runs a route and is owned by a private company.  It's somewhere between a taxi and a bus and can cover small service areas that have a lot of travelers but little parking space and lots of congestion.  This is a very common practice in Mexico, and makes a lot of sense.  Right now taking a bus to a destination about 2 miles away anywhere outside of downtown in SA takes about 30 to 45 minutes.  I could walk there faster.

1 comment:

  1. Soon after look at a couple of of the weblog posts on your web website now, and I actually like your indicates of running a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark world wide web site document and will most likely be examining once again soon. Make sure you check out my web web site as effectively and allow me know what you think.
    Transportation To Galveston Cruise Terminal
    airport transfer houston

    ReplyDelete