- Facilitating the sharing of code among government entities, with an eye towards developing an “Open Civic Stack”
- Connecting governments throughout all phases of technology procurement, and building systems for more transparent & informed technology choices
- Developing and supporting Open Data and Open Standards as foundations of an “Open Civic API”
- Spreading government technology best practices
- Building a community of “civic hackers” and give them clear opportunities to assist in the development of government technology
An interesting idea that could save governments a lot of money. I only see one draw back, security issues in dealing with open sourced software, but if the government entity is diligent in dealing with security, this shouldn't be a problem. I'll post the site in my helpful website listings.